Risau dengan stool anakl2?Kenapa kejap colour dia kuning, kenapa kejap colour dia kehijauan?
Nih ada info untuk readers semua especially first timer mum and breastfeeding babies .
- First stool -
During your pregnancy your baby’s digestive system starts to work by swallowing amniotic fluid. Meconium, which is made up of amniotic fluid, bile, and shed skin cells, begins to collect in your baby’s intestines while he is in your womb.
When your baby has his first bowel movement, he will empty the meconium that has been collecting. Most babies start to pass meconium within 12 hours of their birth. Not passing meconium during the first 24 hours can be a sign of a complication such as an intestinal obstruction. Occasionally, babies have their first bowel movement in utero. This can happen if baby is in distress. Furthermore, passing meconium into the amniotic fluid can cause a complication known as meconium aspiration syndrome.
Then selepas beberapa hari, baby’s stool akan bertukar menjadi gini :
Once your baby passes the meconium out of his system, his poop will begin to change colors. If you are breastfeeding, your baby’s stools will be mustard colored, seedy, and runny. If you are formula feeding, they will be tan colored and soft. Formula-fed babies’ stools are firmer than breastfed babies but they should not be any firmer than a peanut butter consistency. Some moms say that a breastfed baby’s poop doesn’t stink. It has a distinct smell that some describe as sweet but it still has an odor.
Kadang-kadang , baby’s stool ada gak yang color macam ni. Kenapa jadi macam nih?
Every now and then the notorious green poop may show up in your baby’s diaper. You may take a look at it and ask yourself “how’d that get there?” There are many different causes for green poop. More than likely, if your baby has green poop, it’s nothing to worry about, but here are a few possibilities.
- Iron-fortified formula – Some formula-fed babies will develop a case of green poop from the iron in the formula they are taking. As long as your baby is happy and not having any problems with constipation, there is nothing to worry about.
- Jaundice – A baby that has jaundice may have dark or greenish colored stools. This normally goes away once baby is off of the bilirubin lights.
- Dairy Sensitivity – Some breastfed babies are very sensitive to certain foods in their mom’s diet. If your baby is having problems with green mucousy stools, blood in his stools, spitting up a lot, or a skin rash, he may be sensitive to something in your diet. Dairy products are one of the most common causes of food allergies in babies. If you think this might be the problem, try eliminating milk and dairy products from your diet. It may take a couple weeks to see results from a dairy elimination diet. You should see improvement in a week or two. If you’re not sure, you can always try it out for a few weeks and then try having a cup of milk to see what happens. If the symptoms come back, then milk is probably the culprit and you will want to avoid it.
- Foremilk/Hindmilk imbalance – If your baby is breastfeeding and has green frothy-looking poops, this may be a result of a foremilk/hindmilk imbalance. To put this simply, when a mom breastfeeds the first milk that comes out (foremilk) is thinner and lower in fat. After you have nursed for a bit, you will start to produce richer, fattier milk called hindmilk. Babies that receive too much of the thin foremilk and not enough of the richer hindmilk sometimes have problems with green stools and tummy aches. If you have been switching breasts a lot instead of letting baby get a good feed on one breast, you may have problems with this.
- Other reasons – Sometimes babies just have greenish colored poop. The range of color in baby’s poops can vary. Any range of yellow, mustard to yellow/green is pretty normal for a baby. If baby is gaining well and happy then there is nothing to worry about.Stage Three transitional stool is much lighter and thinner than meconium. It is just before regular stooling begins. Each of these stages can last a varying amount of time, depending on how long your breast milk has been in or how long your baby has been eating. Colostrum has a natural laxative effect and will encourage your baby to stool more frequently. The same can be said of breast milk.
So, lama kelamaan , baby’s stool akan jadi sebegini rupa color nya . Especially for breastfeeding babies.
In a healthy, breast fed infant, you’ll notice that the stools are yellow. They are also fairly runny. This is not considered a problem. You will also notice that there are small seed like objects in the stool. Breast fed diapers are often called baby poop mustard because they look a lot like mustard.
Ada ketika kadang2 kita akan nampak stains of blood dalam stool baby kita. Same kes macam Zara dulu sampaikan dia kena admitted hospital. Tuh ader few reasons why ada blood dalam stool. Antara nya :
Small cuts or tears on the baby’s anus – Sometimes babies will develop an anal fissure (tear) from straining. You may notice small streaks of blood in baby’s stool
Diaper rash – If baby has had a diaper rash that has resulted in skin breakdown, he may end up with tiny amounts of blood in his diaper.
Food sensitivities- Dairy sensitivities may cause baby to have bloody/mucousy stools.
So, kalau tetiba stool anak bertukar dari yang biasa nya, at least, ni ada info buat semua.Harap-harap dapat membantu readers semua!
Info from :
1. http://www.justmommies.com/articles/baby-poop.shtml?page=0,02. http://pregnancy.about.com/od/newbornbabies/ss/bfdiapers.htm